Nikon Monarch 5 Binocular
- All MONARCH 5 binoculars are now built with Nikon's premium ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass for a sharper, clearer and more brilliant field of view.
- Almost an ounce lighter than its predecessor, the new MONARCH 5 is even easier to bring along on your next adventure.
- Fully Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses provide a high light transmittance across the entire visible light spectrum.
- It is equipped with user-friendly features such as Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups, a Smooth Central Focus Knob and Flip Down Lens Caps.
- Built for extreme use, the MONARCH 5 is waterproof, fog proof and has a rubber armored body for strengthened durability.
Almost a full ounce lighter than its predecessors, the new MONARCH 5 iseven easier to take with you on your next outing. Its small size,combined with a sleek easy-to-grip body design, makes it the ultimatebinocular to carry with you.
- Size (Length x Width) 5.7x5.1in
- Weight 21.6oz
Nikon MONARCH 5 12x42 Binocular
Lightweight Champion OfDawn & Dusk
Even with an uncontested heritage of all-conditions optical performance, the MONARCH 5 further elevates its game with improved agility and advanced low light brilliance. The addition of Nikon’s ED glass lenses puts it in a class of its own for battling darkness with sharp, high-contrast views. The rubber-armored coating provides a non-slip grip in even the toughest environments.
- Angular Field of View (Real)5 °
- Angular Field of View (Apparent) 55.3 °
- FOV at 1000 yds 261 ft
- Close Focus Distance 7.8 ft
- Exit Pupil 3.5 mm
- Eye Relief 15.1 mm
Nikon's ED Glass Lenses
The Difference Is Clear
All MONARCH 5 binoculars arenow built with Nikon’s legendary ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses,which correct chromatic aberrations across the furthest limits of thevisible light range and effectively compensate for color fringing. Evenwhen observing objects that would make chromatic aberration the mostapparent – such as adjacent whites and blacks – the images will maintainsuperior contrast and resolution thanks to the ED glass lenses. Theimproved resolution also provides brighter, more natural looking images,making the MONARCH 5 a serious contender to be your 'go-to' binocularfor years to come.
Enjoy Comfortable Viewing
Nikon’s High-Eyepoint Design
Nikon has manufactured theMONARCH 5 binoculars, as well as many other of its optics, with ahigh-eyepoint design. This provides a clear field of view for everyone,even when the user is wearing eyeglasses, with sufficient space betweenthe user’s brow and the binocular’s eyecups.
Rich, Accurate Colors
Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coating
Applied to all lenses and prismsurfaces, this technique provides almost the same brightness as thatperceived by the naked eye, and clear high-contrast images that displayaccurate color reproduction.
Greater Light Transmission
Fully Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses
Multilayer coatings, whichprovide an even higher light transmittance across the entire visiblelight spectrum, are applied to all of the lens and prism surfaces thattransmit light. This minimizes the loss of light due to reflection,thereby ensuring a more natural, clearer view.
Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups
The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups allow users to adjust the eye-relieffor a custom fit - providing a full field of view and maximum comfortduring extended periods of use.