Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter with Link
- Used in livestock and crop production, research, education, ventilation, and facility design
- Handheld, portable environmental meter with onboard data logging and graphing
- Measures wind speed / air speed, temperature, humidity, THI, air flow and displays over 10 total environmental parameters on large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof and dustproof (sealed to IP67 standards)
- Includes LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers
The Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter
The Kestrel 5000AG is designed to meet the needs of livestock, agriculture, and animal health professionals. Producers, growers, veterinarians, and consultants in every field of agriculture will gain vital information regarding micro-climate conditions needed to maximize performance and profitability. This lightweight, handheld, multi-function meter can be used inside and out for spot measurement of current conditions and also tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data.
Heat Stress Management with THI:
THI, (Temperature-Humidity Index) has been used for decades as a measure to classify heat stress risk in many livestock production and transportation operations. This measurement includes both temperature and relative humidity and is a basis for both strategic and tactical management practices which benefit animal health, productivity and well-being.
This meter calculates and logs on-site THI based on user selection of either NRC or Yousef accepted THI calculations. Preprogrammed THI zones are available and can aid in identification of heat stress risk category. Objective and accurate site-specific measurements are critical toensuring a heat stress management strategy that is cost effective; andthey're at your fingertips with the 5000AG.
- Air Flow (CFM), Altitude (Barometric), Barometric Pressure, Density Altitude, Dew Point Temperature,
- Heat Stress Index, Relative Humidity, Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Temperature Humidity Index (THI), Temperature, Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Chill, Wind Speed/Air Speed
Barn / Housing Ventilation Assessments:
The Kestrel 5000AG provides air speed and air flow measurements to quickly quantify air movement in the vicinity of livestock, locate drafts, measure fan effectiveness and confirm duct discharge velocity in a barn/house. Volume air flow takes duct shape and dimensions into account and allows for accurate comparison of various locations in a system. No calculator is needed to determine airflow with the Kestrel 5000AG – a few quick menu picks and built-in averaging gives you accurate readings instantly.
Microclimate, Harvest and Storage Conditions:
Many livestock professionals also grow and store grains, hay and other feedstuffs. The Kestrel 5000AG can measure micro-climates around the farm to determine where mold and disease may be a problem, ensuring conditions are right for harvesting, drying, and storage. Leave the Kestrel 5000AG in place anywhere in the field, barn or greenhouse to get a graphical history of overnight conditions
Get connected for real time alerts, continuous monitoring, and shareable reports with Kestrel LiNK.
The Kestrel 5000AG Livestock Environmental Meter Features:
- Waterproof (up to 3'/1M deep for 30 mins.), High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display,
- Made of a durable polycarbonate to be rugged and reliable, Data Logging - Adjustable Interval,
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German), Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover,
- Backlight - Switchable White/Red, Data Log Graph View,
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading, Alarm buzzer, Alarm Light, THI Warning Flag - Settable
- Battery Life Indicator, Date & Time
This LiNK enabled Kestrel Meter opens up a whole world of possibilities!
Connect with the Kestrel LiNK app on your iOS / Android device to display the Kestrel’s real-time readings up to 100’ away and receive alerts for changing conditions. Alerts can be customized based on temperature, heatindex, wind, or other measurements. The data log can be transferred wirelessly with the Kestrel LiNK app. LiNK also enables easy firmware updates of Kestrel 5 series meters.
This LiNK enabled model allows you to:
- Wirelessly connect your mobile device to the environmental data on the Kestrel 5000AG
- Observe current conditions and manage logged data up to 100' line of sight
- Set custom limits to instantly notify you of unsafe conditions
- Monitor patterns for forecasting future issues
- Share dashboard reports
- Effortlessly export data for comprehensive logs of tracked conditions over time
- Wirelessly update the Firmware on your Kestrel meter
|Kestrel 5000AG||Kestrel 5500AG||Kestrel 5400AG||Kestrel DROP D2AG|
|Temperature | Relative Humidity | Dew Point Temp | Heat Stress Index||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wind Speed | Volume Air Flow | Wind Chill | Wet Bulb Temp (Psychrometric) | Barometric Pressure||✓||✓||✓||NA|
|Station Pressure | Density Altitude||✓||✓||✓||NA|
|Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT)||NA||NA||✓||NA|
|Digital Compass | Wind Direction | Crosswind | Headwind | Tailwind||NA||✓||✓||NA|
|Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU) | Heat Load Index (HLI)||NA||NA||✓||NA|
|Temperature Humidity Index (THI)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Data Storage & Charting | Data Upload | Clock||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Link Wireless Communication||Optional||Optional||✓||✓|